Welcome to the official website of The Satanic Temple – Boston Chapter.
We’re a collective of non-theistic Satanists in Massachusetts with the goal of fighting religious oppression through collective activism. Our tenets can be found below:
THE SATANIC TEMPLE’S 7 FUNDAMENTAL TENETS
- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word
For information on our parent organization, please visit The Satanic Temple’s official website.
If you’re looking for information on The Satanic Temple’s HQ, please visit the Salem Art Gallery’s website.